This page is for people who are planning to come to Japan for a short stay [say around 8 days].
- You should not need invitation letter from your relatives in Japan for such a short trip.
- You should buy the special train pass which is a great value for money.
- There is corresponding bus pass as well.
- Please bring as much as packed food and ready-to-eat curries etc as possible.
- Please avoid trip between Nov to Feb … its cold for Indians and also days are very short.
- Reserve as many places as possible using internet
- Involve few over night journeys so that hotel is taken care
- Japan is generally very clean so even low rate hotels are not that bad for small stay
Thanks to Mr Vaibhav Nadkar for below useful links:
Youth hostels [English speaking service available at some places]: